CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Half Empty or Half Full

I know some folks whose cup is always half full. It just doesn't matter what life seems to throw at them, they find a way to think positively about it or come up with a positive response to it. These are the kind of people who never seem to question the circumstances they find themselves in. Their focus is not to concentrate on the problem but to work to find something good to think about.  It's these people also that seem to be the ones who are typically the workers, the servants,  the ones who are out doing for others. They don't look inwardly but outwardly searching for what they can do for others. What a joy it is to be around people like that! They make me want to do better.

Rick Warren, author of the book, The Purpose Driven Life has some interesting things to say about how we should view life. It's worth your read.

"Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life. No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on. And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for. Life is a series of problems: Either you are in one now, you're just coming out of one, or you're getting ready to go into another one. You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, which is my problem, my issues, my pain. But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.

What is your focus? What is my focus?...my life and my difficulties or others? God help me to realize that my cup is not only half full but overflowing.




No comments:

Post a Comment