CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 23, 2010

What They Were Saying in 1957...

Below is an excerpt from a story written by my Dad, Jerry Sutton. These are some things he remembers growing up.  These are just a few of the things that folks were saying back then. Kind of makes you smile just to think of them.

1.  I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20.00.
2.  Have you seen the new cars coming out next year?  It won't be long before $2,000 will only buy a used one.
3.  If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm gonna quit.  A quarter a pack is ridiculous!
4.  Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?
5.  I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century. They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas.
6.  It won't be long before young couple are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work.
7.  The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on.
8.  No one can afford to be sick anymore! $35.00 a day in the hospital is too rich for my blood!
9.  If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment