This is definitely one of those, "I wish I had said that" posts so you'll find that it has made its way to that page also after being on this "hodge-podge" home page.
We get caught up with life way too much, worry way too much about things that don't matter and don't work enough on the things that really do matter. Maybe sometimes we need to press the reset button and refocus on what's important. I know I surely do.
How to Live a Happy Life
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight, and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
2. Make most of your friends the cheerful kind. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
4. Enjoy the simple things. That butterfly outside your window on the bush really is a thing of beauty.
5. Laugh often, long, and loud. Laugh so that others will know you by your laugh before they see your face.
6. Tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family, pets, keepsakes, music,plants,whatever.
8. God only gave you one body. Don't abuse it. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Go to the mall, the next county, a foreign country, but not to "guilt country." You cannot change one thing by feeling guilty about it.